Emmet County’s Waterfront Event Center and Observatory at the Headlands is wonderfully featured in the October 2017 special issue of the Construction Association of Michigan Magazine, in an article by associate editor Mary Kremposky McArdle. Through interviews with lead architect John Kirsch, the construction management team Spence Brothers, Dark Sky Program Director Mary Stewart Adams, and Emmet County’s Asset and Facilities Director Gary Appold, McArdle was able to craft a wonderful description of the people, their inspiration, the craftsmanship, and even the materials beautifully displayed through the building. Click on this link for the article, or come by and visit the site, but please note: The grounds at Headlands are always open to the public, but the Waterfront Event Center is only open to the public during scheduled programs (listed on the programs tab on this site) and it is available for rent. The Observatory is open during program times, and will have an expanded schedule in the coming year.
- Headlands featured for exceptional building design in Construction Association of Michigan Magazine special issue
- A few words about seasonal aurora viewing (aka, the Northern Lights!)
- Headlands extolled as one of Michigan's "great treasures" by The Oakland Press!
- Frequently asked questions: Where do I park?
- Tours of the Waterfront Event Center and Observatory have finished for the season