Images of the Milky Way shining brilliantly over the Headlands International Dark Sky Park were featured in a front-page article in the Detroit Free Press this weekend. The article, by Keith Matheny, addressed the loss of natural darkness in many areas of Michigan due to artificial light at night and included an interview with Headlands Program Director Mary Stewart Adams. You can find the full article here.
- Emmet County’s Headlands International Dark Sky Park Named Dark Sky Place of the Year by the International Dark Sky Association
- Leonids Meteor Shower Program at Emmet County’s Headlands International Dark Sky Park this Friday, November 17, 8-10pm
- Headlands named International Dark Sky Park of the Year Award by International Dark Sky Association
- Headlands featured for exceptional building design in Construction Association of Michigan Magazine special issue
- A few words about seasonal aurora viewing (aka, the Northern Lights!)