Images of the Milky Way shining brilliantly over the Headlands International Dark Sky Park were featured in a front-page article in the Detroit Free Press this weekend. The article, by Keith Matheny, addressed the loss of natural darkness in many areas of Michigan due to artificial light at night and included an interview with Headlands Program Director Mary Stewart Adams. You can find the full article here.
- Headlands featured for exceptional building design in Construction Association of Michigan Magazine special issue
- A few words about seasonal aurora viewing (aka, the Northern Lights!)
- Headlands extolled as one of Michigan's "great treasures" by The Oakland Press!
- Frequently asked questions: Where do I park?
- Tours of the Waterfront Event Center and Observatory have finished for the season